1. The official name of Spain is the Kingdom of Spain.
2. Spain has 2964 km of coastline and 200 different beaches
3. The average number of sunny days in Spain comes close to 280 per year.
4. Out of all the european countries Spain is the one with the highest number of bars.
5. Spain is the largest olive oil exporter in the world and produces 44% of the world’s olive oil.
6. Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world and there are 329 million native Spanish speakers in the world.
7. Spain is the only country in Europe that produces bananas. Tomatoes, potatoes, avocados, tobacco, and cacao were brought to Europe by Spaniards from American colonies
8. Spain is the only country that considers bull fighting to be a sport. Yet bull fights are completely prohibited in the region of Catalunya and on the Canary Islands
9. The official language of Spain is Castilian Spanish (74%), though Catalan (17%) Galician (7%), and Basque (2%) are also spoken. The language spoken in the Basque region (Northern Spanish territory) is a unique language and not related to any other language known to man.
10. The most popular type of music in Spain is Flamenco.
11. Spaniards almost never have breakfast at home, they rather prefer one of the countless cafes. It is also common to have dinner late in Spain – at around 10pm
-Spain has almost 3.7 million foreigners residing within its territory,almost one-third of the nation's population.
12. Most Spaniards have two surnames: one from their mother and one from their father.
13. In the restaurant El Diable on the island of Lanzarote you can eat steak grilled right over the vent of a volcano.
14. After France and Italy, Spain is the third largest country in the world when it comes to the amount of wine produced yearly.
15. The only desert in Europe is located in Spain. The so called Taberna Desert is the driest place in the country.
16. In Spain, local people have lunch at 2 pm and dinner at 9 to 10 pm.
17. Spain is the second country with the highest number of bars per inhabitants.
18. There are a lot of holidays and vacation days in Spain and Spaniards really respect their free time and siestas. They often talk about the “quality of life” which has a lot to do with how much free time one has.
19. La Tomatina, is the largest tomato fight in the world, and is every year celebrated in a village of Valencia.
20. Spain has over 8000 km of beaches.
21. When meeting someone, it is customary to give one kiss on each cheek.
22. The Madrid-Barcelona is one of the city pairs with most flights per week in the world!
Get yourself a place for Spain: Click Here